Monday, July 12, 2010

Shopping - part 1: Tung Chung/ Lantau

This weekend i decided I wanted to explore Lantau and see the Buddha but then on saturday I woke up too late and it was already 15:30 by the time I made it to Tung Chung (last station for the MTR to Lantau, 1 hour from the place where I live). My guidebook had informed me to make it there early as I'd be bound to get a long waiting for the cable car up to Buddha.

Anyway, the trip wasn't really lost as conviniently there is a outlet mall right out of Tung Chunf station!

I wanted to go there as I needed to buy a pair of new running shoes so I can do some hiking to get to the beautiful beaches around the Islands. And was super excited seeing all the other stores there: fancy brands!
Unfortunately, little over an hour later I was pretty much done shopping.... even though i found some really gorgeous stuff there, most of it was still too pricey for my budget. Especially as I just got here and should be exercising some level of control, right? So i got my running shoes, a beautiful Guess dress (super cheap!) and a t-shirt.

Yeah, that was all.

Took my one-hour MTR back and called it an early night (well, kinda... stayed awake until late chatting online and watching tv)

P.S.: One good things (aside the Guess dress): i learned that the MTR is really really really cheap as it costed me less than 3 euros for a whole hour trip in the subway.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see photos of the dress! well, it's always good to have a cheap subway sistem, that way you can go places without worring to much with the expences! Next weekend will you wear your running shoes to visit the beaches? I want the whole description, they must be paradises!

    ReplyDelete