Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dim Sum

Dear readers,

it is with pleasure that I inform you all that I'm now in Hong Kong and will be staying here for the next 3 months. It's part of my trainee program, so I got a pretty good deal for myself: the company paid for my flights and my accomodation!

So now I'm living in a flat in Hong Kong Island, just a few minutes from the office; there is a supermarket below my building and a shopping mall below the company's office building. Plus, i get cleaning service twice a week!!

Anyway, I arrived on Sunday and so far haven't seen much of town. It's super warm outside and the humidity is absolutely off scale... I thought my hometown in Brazil was hot and humid, but this here is something else! Two minutes outside and my feet were already sweating on my flipflops.... really crazy stuff!

Anyway, i've been planning to start blogging about my Asian adventure, but so far hadn't actually got to it (as usual...) but i thought today I had good enough reason to get started: I had my first Dim Sum lunch!

So basically Dim Sum is a very traditional and usual meal here in Hong Kong, kinda like Tapas for the Spanish people... a group of people orders a bunch of small/medium sized dishes and shares everything. Soups, dumplings, rolls... honestly i don't know the name of half the stuff i ate today, but i assure you it was all delicious! And the most important part and reason for my pride (and posting): I managed to eat my whole lunch with chopsticks!!

So i guess if it wasn't for my curly hair, brownish coloring and general non-asian looks, people would have sure thought i was Chinese ;)

1 comment:

  1. oh sis, I'm pretty sure you almost passed by a chinese! hahahahahahahahahahaha. I´m so anxious to know about you! I keep asking mom everyday! It's going to be hard communicating with you! good job with the chopsticks, but, hey, we have had some practice from our japanese restaurants here in BRA. I loved knowing about the towers and the close movie theater ( to compensate all these years running away from the dubbed movies in germany and having to go farther for that matter). tell me moooore! kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete