Sunday, March 14, 2010

our story: the happy part

That's how it all started:

we met each other about a year ago, at the house party of a friend we had in common and we danced together the whole of that first night.Admitedly I was a little tipsy but that only put my 'shyness' away and we had a terrific time together.

We work at the same company and spend the next days flirting over office communicator during working hours. We went on dates that left me with butterflies in my belly... that delicious feeling of something new getting started, the uncertainties of a new romance... he already had a permanent contract while I was still an intern and was already coming to the end of my internship. That didn't stop the romance to get started and it was amazing.

As i was getting ready to go back to Deggendorf by the end of the month, we made the best of what time we had. I eventually left but we stayed in together doing the long-distance deal and we both kept our hopes up that I'd make it through the assessment center to become a trainee and be back again in Herzo. There was no point in making things official until we knew we'd have more time together so we continued just enjoying each other's company in very long msn conversations.

Of course, I got through the AC and shortly after we made it official: boyfriend and girlfriend. I visited him in Nürnberg and he visited me in Deggendorf. Then I went home to Brazil on vacations and to write my thesis, before getting started as a trainee and we still stayed together. 2 and a half months away, still so much in the beginning of things, but we made it. He even sent me flowers in the day of the brazilian valentine's day... the first time i ever had had a boyfriend and a gift to celebrate the day. In August I finally returned to Germany to start working and we started our life together.

That first month, I was always busy and stressed out still writing my thesis but he was always there for me, patient and supportive. Once I was done, it was all pretty much perfect: I had this handsome guy with me, with a good sense of humor and intelligent, who appreciated me and made me feel good and confident about myself and who made me feel trully happy.

We had out differences: he loved exercising and waking up early on saturdays to go for a run while I totally appreciated the results of his exercises but didn't care much to do some myself; he loved his gadgets, especially his iphone while half the time i didn't really understand even the basics of what he was talking about - eletronics wise. But we loved watching movies together, even the silly romantic comedies; we shared a pleasure in reading and could spend hours just next to each other, each reading a different book. He liked my food and I took pleasure in cooking for him. We had a nice routine together during the week and on the weekend we'd go out together with friends and I'd be fine with him going out with other people when i didn't feel like it and he'd come to me in the end of the night- sometimes silly drunk, but i didn't care, cause it was to me he came and our sundays together we always great.

In the end of the year I went home to Brazil again, 3 weeks vacation and he couldn't join. So he went to the Netherlands to be with his family and friends. I regretted not saying that i loved him when we said goodbye at the airport, but we talked almost everyday and he seemed to miss me as much as I missed him, so I thought I'd have plenty of time so say when i got back to Germany.

We talked about how we both wished he could be there in Brazil with me and planned to spend the next Christmas holidays there together so he could meet my family, as I had already met his. I loved the time I spent home but i couldn't wait to be with him again.

I arrived back to an extremely could Germany on the 10th of January and he was there at the airport, waiting for me. He told me how proud and happy he was to be the man to take the prettiest woman coming out of that plane home and I could not had been happier to be back in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment