Thursday, March 11, 2010

NCIS: Los Angeles

I really don't know what it is about this show that it always puts me to sleep.

Now I can definetely see a pattern forming: it happened last weekend twice (yeap, twice i put it on and twice i fell asleep before the end of the episode) and yesterday again. Thanks to it, last night I slept most of the night on my couch (I fell asleep at 9:30 and just woke up again at 3:30, computer still on, all lights on, make-up on my face...) and forgot to put my alarm on for the usual 6:15, so I was already running late when i got up at 6:30 and had to do my make-up in the car after running to meet my friend/driver in time (and i already was 2 minutes late).

I guess I should save new NCIS: Los Angeles episodes for friday nights, when I can sleep whenever I want and also wake up whenever I want. But still I wonder: why does this tv show so often puts me to sleep?

I mean, it's an action show which entails chases and guns and explosions... and there is Chris O'Donnell, who is no longer 20-something but has very nice blue eyes and still a very cute face to look at.

On the other hand, yes, the show is kinda clichéd: there is the tough black guy (LL Cool J, acting cooler than he should), the beautiful latina looking woman, the computer geek, the shrink aspiring to be an agent, the misterious Chris O'Donnel character and the know-all old lady... but there is much worse out there and I watch some of the worse one and they don't put me to sleep! (at least not as often as NCIS:Los Angeles does).

Maybe they are sending weird subliminal messages during the shows... but then it would be quite stupid to send a message that puts ur audience to sleep, right?! Unless they are counting on getting the audience hooked in the first 10-15 minutes, then puts it to sleep the rest of the episode so we have to watch it again when the episode is shown at an alternative time, which equals more audience...

Ok, i guess i'm getting a bit out of control and better stop here.

(But if u do watch NCIS:Los Angeles and have a similar problem, let me know and let's chat some more about that!

2 comments:

  1. amiga, to adorando!!! Pq treino meu inglês indígina. ahahahahahaha.

    Bjooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of the NCISs. I got so tired of the same old stories that keep been shown over and over. but, I hate to tell you, even though I dislike it, I don't remember ever falling asleep on it. hahahahaha.
    I want to know more about flash forward. Can you believe I haven't seen it yet?

    #1fan

    ReplyDelete