Saturday, September 18, 2010

Beijing

Holy crap people, I'm really going to Beijing in just a few days and it's awesome!

Finally decided to start doing my homework and prepare myself for thr trip. I've only been to one website so far (checking out what google offers me when i enter 'Beijing sightseeing') and I'm already totally excited.

Right now I'm actually wishing i knew more about history so i could be saying things like I'll see the Forbidden City where bla, bla and blad happened and the Tiananmen Square, where that and that and that took place, but even though i always enjoyed history, keeping the facts was often a challenge. Basically I memorized the stuff for exams and then i made sure to forget it again so there would be room to memorize some more the next coming exam. Damn, bad strategy I guess.

Anyway, how freaking awesome is it that I'm going to be visiting the Great Wall?! And the Great Wall is so great that I don't even need to add references!

So that's it people, I'm totally psyched and just wanted to share the feeling.

I'm heading there Thursday morning and will stay until Sunday. My hotel is just 5 minutes from the Forbindden City so hopefully i will learn tons about it and will be sharing all that here when i come back. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. you are doing so well! going to the other side of the world! hahaha. you should watch Mulan again to say "heey, I've been there!" hahaha. can't wait to be with you again!

    ReplyDelete